Friday, September 14, 2007

What's the password?

Few years ago, my sister bought a condo in downtown. Proud of her first home purchase, she painstakingly decorated it. She felt safe and secure due to the security in her high-rise building. In order to enter the building, the person must punch in the code of the resident's unit and wait for the resident to open the door.

Although my husband is a man of few words, he has a sense of humor. One evening, my sister invited us over for dinner. Since my husband had to work a bit late, I arrived alone while he came a bit later.

Upon walking up the stairs to the front entrance of my sister's condo building, my husband proceeded to punch the code number and waited for my sister's answer.

When my sister picked up the telephone, instead of stating his name as usual, my husband replied, "Open Sesame".

(The "code" words were derived from the ancient Middle-East fairy tale: "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves".)