Thursday, October 16, 2008

History repeats itself...

Regarding this new post, please refer to my previous blog about my sister's birth when I was four years old, please click on this link: "WowALiveDoll!"

When my sister and her husband first announced their pregnancy, my mother was quite ecsastic as it would be her first grandchild.

She practically called everyone that she knew, including distant relatives, of the news.

Since my brother-in-law worked abroad, in the third country, his job policy required my sister to give birth in the U.S., for safety & security reasons. So, three months prior to the birth, my sister came to U.S. and stayed with my mother.

During this time, my mother enthusiastically helped my sister in making preparations for the baby's arrival.

Since my mother had only one car, a family friend kindly offered one of the cars to my sister so that she could run errands while my mother was at work.

However, due to her late age and for some unknown reason, my sister was rushed to the hospital because of her high blood level.

Upon examination, the doctor ordered an early birth, which was about three weeks, and induced the labor.

My sister gave birth to a baby boy. Although the baby was tiny, he was quite healthy in every aspect as a preemie. However, my sister had to stay in the hospital for few more days due to some unexpected afterbirth health problems.

My brother-in-law could not arrive from abroad until about two days later when he was able to get ahold of a last-minute flight.

During this time, my mother visited the hospital daily.

Upon entering my sister's room each time, my mother immediately made a bee-line to see the baby, not even bothering to say "hi" to my sister.