Thursday, June 21, 2007

An Unexpected "Snitch"

As usual, being a child within, I loved to pull harmless little pranks on people close to me.

After
that April's fool fiasco, I decided to pull another one on my husband.

My husband usually came home about one hour after me. Close to the time he would be arriving, I looked out the window and saw that he was walking towards the front door steps.

Quickly, I went in the bathroom and hid behind the shower curtains. I switched off the lights to make it look like no one was there.

I wanted him to wonder where the heck I was, knowing I would usually be home by the time he came.

I expected him to take some time in searching the place for me, however, less than two minutes, the bathroom light switched on.

Nonchalantly, my husband moved the shower curtains and found me standing there surprised.

"How did you KNOW I was there so soon??"

He calmly replied, "Usually when I get home, Coral would greet me. But this time, I instead found her sitting in front of the bathroom door, pawing the door as if to say she's in there."